Cable.co.uk's annual Broadband Awards – 2015 winners announced
- 6,000 UK broadband users interviewed to find winners in categories of Best Customer Service, Best Reliability, Best Value, Best Equipment and overall Best Broadband Provider
- Virgin Media and Plusnet come out on top, scooping a massive five awards each
- Plusnet scoops customer-voted top gong – Best Broadband Provider of 2015
- 10 further awards selected by Cable.co.uk's panel of experts
16 November 2015: Broadband, TV and mobile comparison site Cable.co.uk has announced the winners of its first annual broadband awards.
Chosen by over 6,000 UK broadband customers and a panel of in-house experts, the fifteen awards seek to recognise and reward the broadband providers that have exhibited the greatest excellence in their field across the given year.
Plusnet and Virgin Media scooped the lion's share with a stupendous five awards each, Plusnet claiming the title of Best Broadband Provider, thanks to its customers awarding it the highest average marks overall. Other winners include Sky (Best Broadband and Phone Package) and Zen Internet (Best Business Broadband).
Commenting on the awards, Cable.co.uk's consumer telecoms expert, Dan Howdle said: "We are deeply honoured to be a part of an industry that makes differences to people's lives in such a broad range of ways, from simple entertainment to lifesaving connectivity.
"In these, our first annual broadband awards, I would like to congratulate all of our well-deserved winners. Each has shown true excellence in its category, pushing ever-higher both the standards, and the expectations of a data-hungry British public."
For details of the winners see below. For more information and descriptions of each category visit our broadband awards.
2015 Cable.co.uk Broadband Awards winners in full
- Best Provider (as voted by consumers) – Plusnet
- Best Equipment (as voted by consumers) – Virgin Media
- Best Customer Service (as voted by consumers) – Plusnet
- Best Reliability (as voted by consumers) – Plusnet
- Best Value (as voted by consumers) – Plusnet
- Fastest Widely Available Broadband (as voted by Cable.co.uk) – Virgin Media
- Best Broadband and Phone (as voted by Cable.co.uk) – Sky
- Best Broadband-only (as voted by Cable.co.uk) – Virgin Media
- Best Inclusive Calls (as voted by Cable.co.uk) – Plusnet
- Best Bundle – broadband, TV and phone (as voted by Cable.co.uk) – Virgin Media's Big Daddy
- Best Business Broadband (as voted by Cable.co.uk) – Zen Internet
- Best Website (as voted by Cable.co.uk) – Virgin Media
- Extra Mile (as voted by Cable.co.uk) – Vodafone
- Rising Star (as voted by Cable.co.uk) – Origin Broadband
- Best Newcomer (as voted by Cable.co.uk) – SSE
Notes to editors
If using our research and/or commentary we would deeply appreciate a link either to this page or to https://www.cable.co.uk
What is Cable?
Cable is a broadband, TV and phone comparator, unique news source and consumer champion.
Dan Howdle has been plugged into the attitudes of UK broadband, TV and mobile customers for over two decades, running research fieldwork both nationally and internationally on behalf of the biggest players in the industry. Dan is now consumer telecoms analyst at Cable, as well as more formally operating in the role of its Director of Communications and Content.
An experienced broadcaster, commentator and writer, Dan has appeared on BBC TV and radio, ITV, Sky and in the national papers. Dan has advised Ofcom on issues surrounding service quality, administered Cable’s Broadband Service Quality Awards and sat on the panel of judges for the Internet Service Providers Association annual awards.