Broadband and TV deals with free installation
In this guide
- Installation and setup fees explained
- Which broadband and TV providers offer no upfront costs?
- Frequently asked questions
Why pay upfront fees if you don’t have to? Fortunately, there are broadband and TV deals with free installation which means you can avoid costly charges.
Installation and setup fees explained
When you choose a broadband and TV deal you might notice there’s an additional installation cost or set up fee. This charge is to pay for the router, subscription box and any other associated delivery costs. The good thing is some TV and broadband providers will offer a deal without the additional costs, which means you will save a lot if you sign up with them.
Generally speaking, broadband and TV with free installation is a perk that providers use to encourage you to sign a contract. It can be very attractive, particularly if you’re looking for a new contract because you’ve just moved home. If you’ve got a lot of other expenses to pay, then looking out for a contract without set up fees can really make a difference. We’ve compiled a guide with useful tips and advice for getting your broadband installed when moving house.
Which broadband and TV providers offer no upfront costs?
Of course, all this information is subject to change depending on which deals are available. In general, though, these are providers that will offer you deals for TV and broadband without setup fees:
- Virgin Media: It’s always worth taking a peek when Virgin Media has a deal with free installation. This broadband and TV giant has some of the fastest internet speeds — up to 516Mbps in some cases. They also offer great TV packages, including over 100 channels on some of their basic.
- TalkTalk: TalkTalk styles itself as a budget-friendly provider, so it’s no surprise that it usually has packages without installation fees, usually on an 18-month contract. They offer a free TV Lite box with their broadband and TV deal. It can be a bit basic, so you may need to add on extra channels to suit your tastes.
- EE Broadband: It’s broadband and TV deals include an Apple TV, which is one of the best and by far most expensive streaming devices, with good reason too. You can run 100s of apps, including Netflix, NOW TV, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Apple TV+, Starzplay and so on. Many of their deals are only available to existing customers so keep an eye out.
- Vodafone: Like EE, Vodafone’s broadband and TV deals also comes with an Apple TV. Enjoy Apple original programmes and movies with a 12 month free subscription to the service, download apps from your favourite streaming services and play 100s of free games in the arcade. Unlike EE, you don’t have to be an existing customer to take advantage of the deal.
- Sky: If you see an offer from Sky for TV and internet with no setup costs, snap it up. Put simply, Sky has the best TV packages around. Although you can get most of their channels as add-ons from other companies, some, like Sky Atlantic, are only available to Sky customers.
You don’t have to get fibre broadband to get a great broadband and TV bundle. There are plenty of ADSL broadband options available too. Speeds will be lower, between 10 - 11Mbps, but you’ll be just fine if you live alone or don’t use the internet very much. To help you decide what broadband speed you need, we’ve created a guide that will help you calculate how much you need for your household.
Frequently asked questions
Do I have to pay for my TV and broadband equipment?
If the deal says no upfront costs or installation costs you don’t have anything to pay upfront. You’ll still receive a router and TV box (or another device, depending on what your provider uses). Be aware that you might have to return these at the end of your contract. This is something to remember if you have programmes, home videos, or data saved on your set-top box.
Which provider has the best deals for broadband and TV without setup costs?
Deals change all the time, so it depends on what's available at the moment. Your tastes and priorities will also play a part. If having a wide range of TV channels is important to you, look for deals from Virgin Media or Sky. On the other hand, if you're happy with fewer channels and you'd rather keep prices down, EE or TalkTalk will probably be a better fit.
If I choose a TV and broadband deal with no setup costs, can I get other free gifts or cashback?
Possibly. Providers like to compete with each other to create the most attractive deal, so it's common to find a deal with several enticing elements thrown into the mix. As such, you might well find a deal with free installation, cashback, or a special gift. Some of these are more common at certain times of the year, such as the post-Christmas period or Black Friday.
>Is it cheaper in the long run to choose a broadband and TV deal with no installation costs?
Not always. The main attraction of a deal with free setup costs is the immediate saving that you'll be making. If you can't afford to splash out on costly installation, particularly because you have other expenses to pay this month, then it's usually a good idea to choose a deal without installation fees.
On the other hand, you might find a deal that suits you better that's cheaper on a monthly basis but has fees to pay. This is a very variable market, and it's impossible to say that one particular deal is always right. There's no concept of one size fits all when it comes to TV and broadband contracts.