Expert advice on broadband, TV & phone
- Ofcom approved price comparison
- Free and impartial advice
- You could save up to £259.95 per year
Call us on 0203 305 5292
Compare with confidence
Cable.co.uk helps you quickly and easily compare broadband, TV, landline and mobile packages from the UK's leading providers. Whether you’re looking for impartial, expert advice, or want to share your experiences, you’ll find everything you need.
Approved by Ofcom
Our comparison tools are overseen and approved by Ofcom, the independent UK telecommunications regulator. Ofcom guarantees that Cable.co.uk always provides “Clear and accurate pricing information,” that's “comprehensive and transparent”. Unlike other comparison tools you’ll find on the web, we only steer you towards the purchase that’s best for you.
Our comparison service does not stand alone. It’s supported by thousands of pages of expertly written, up-to-date information that enables you to choose the product that’s right for you. Does a provider have a poor history of customer service? Are its offerings complicated and confusing? We do all the legwork so that you don’t have to.
No stealth charges
Unlike other comparison sites, we detail every penny your chosen provider will charge you. This includes line rental, connection fees and any equipment or physical installation fees, which ensures you can make the most realistic comparison quickly, easily and with confidence that your chosen package suits not only your needs, but also your budget.
The UK's leading broadband, TV and phone providers
Cable.co.uk provides consumers with free, impartial and independent advice on the best broadband, TV and phone deals. Our Ofcom accredited price comparison calculator guarantees our service is easy to use, reliable and always up to date. Cable.co.uk sets itself apart from the competition by our commitment to you — we promise to provide you with impartial advice you can trust — based on your needs, not ours.
A trusted source of news and information
Cable.co.uk's news service keeps you up-to-date breaking news from the digital service industry including news on broadband, TV and home phone services.
- Motorola 'to launch eight smartphones before Christmas'Thursday, August 21st 2014Decreasing user base 'shows BlackBerry's fall from grace'Thursday, August 21st 2014EE extends 4G coverage to 14 new countriesThursday, August 21st 2014Sky rolling out new recommendations engine and other featuresThursday, August 21st 2014Primus Saver '£2 a month broadband' ad banned by ASAThursday, August 21st 2014Asus Padfone X mini receives FCC approvalThursday, August 21st 2014
- Cheapest broadband package from Virgin MediaThursday, August 21st 2014BT: a complete guideThursday, August 21st 2014Join BT: step by step guideWednesday, August 20th 2014How to get online in SwedenTuesday, August 19th 2014How to save money on business broadbandMonday, August 18th 2014Can I get BT Sport?Monday, August 18th 2014
Broadband in your local area
Find out all about broadband in your area including providers, speeds and the latest deals.
- Sky and BT to do battle once more as Premier League returnsFriday, August 15th 2014Youngsters enthused and confused by new tech?Friday, August 8th 2014Has Citizens Advice gone overboard with broadband switching fears?Friday, August 1st 2014How effective are the government's new anti-piracy measures?Friday, July 25th 2014When will the UK's broadband postcode lottery end?Friday, July 18th 2014Should Network Rail fine be used for superfast Wi-Fi rollout?Friday, July 11th 2014
- Interview: Ed Vaizey, Digital Industries MinisterTuesday, August 12th 2014Interview: Henrik Karlberg of TalkTalkMonday, June 16th 2014An interview on 4G broadband with Nicholas James, CEO, UK BroadbandWednesday, June 11th 2014Everything you need to know about… mobile broadbandFriday, October 11th 2013
Our community is talking about...
- DeanNoted and changed - thanks Dan. - 18/08/2014
- Dan"EE comes out on top, with 97%, O2 comes second at 95.3%, Three is third with 94.5%, and O2 is last with... - 17/08/2014
- NixA Load on Nonsense, i use business on one site and home on a diffrent site, no Difference what so ever, BT only give u... - 17/08/2014
- tomIf left on pause it wont load the whole movie just a little ahead, meaning almost every movie iv watched on blinkbox... - 16/08/2014
- ChristineYour information was just what I needed. At present have a bit of 'pick and mix' sky entertainment plus and talk talk... - 15/08/2014
- suereally helpful website, many thanks - 15/08/2014
- Colin DavisonWhere do I find the four digest code on my BT Home Hub 5 router? I'm told I need it so as to connect my Smart TV to BBC... - 15/08/2014
- LukeThompsonHi Glenn, You can get Netflix by visiting its website and signing up online.... - 14/08/2014
- Glenn.Hi there, How do I get NetFlix via EE broadband. Is it just a phone call to set up. Also, I am customer of theirs for... - 12/08/2014
- suryakantwhich will be better option for me if i want to get internet on my laptop???a dongle or a lan via cable connection - 11/08/2014
- HannahHi Jan
Unfortunately no UK TV deal has been agreed yet. However, you can stream it online
- Jan DaviesWhen will OUTLANDER series be shown on UK Tv - 10/08/2014
- philip worleyIt is such a pity that customer service is none exsistant at BT . When you complain you EVENTUALLY listen to a Asian... - 06/08/2014
- Virgin Media Big Red Internet reviewTuesday, August 19th 2014Business broadband reviewsTuesday, August 19th 2014BT Infinity for Business – option 2 broadband reviewFriday, August 15th 2014BT Basic broadband for business reviewThursday, August 14th 2014Hyperoptic 20Mb business broadband reviewWednesday, August 13th 2014Gigaclear business broadband reviewFriday, August 8th 2014
Why do we need your postcode?
Once you enter your postcode, Cable.co.uk will perform a live lookup and check all the available providers in your area.
This ensures you receive accurate information on the availability of providers and packages in your area.
Your information is safe with us. We won't share your postcode with anyone. Guaranteed.