Home  ›  Community  ›  Q&A

Can I get BT Sport on Freeview?

Posted by hannah in BT, Broadband, Digital TV about 2nd July 2013

BT Sport has been advertised as a free sports service but does this mean it’s available on Freeview?

3 Responses

Add response
Sort by
about 2nd July 2013

There are no current plans to make BT Sport available on Freeview.

You may have noticed that BT Sport 1 and BT Sport 2 arelisted on your Freeview programme guide (channels 58 and 59). This is because BT TV delivers its channels through the Freeview platform.

You’ll only be able to watch the channels if you have subscribed to BT Sport and have either a BT TV and broadband package or a Sky box.

See our guide for more information on how you can get BT Sport.

about 8th July 2013

hi i have freeview and BT broadband (but not bt tv) can i get bt sport?

about 8th July 2013

Hello krobertson72,

Thank you for your question. If you have 12 months left to run on your current BT broadband contract, or if you're willing to sign up for a new 12 month contract you will be eligible to watch BT Sport on your computer through the website once it launches, or on selected portable devices using the app. If you're not sure how long is left on your contract give BT a call on the number in the top right hand corner of your bill.

The only ways to watch BT Sport on your TV are by adding it to a Sky subscription, or by adding BT TV (also known as BT Vision) to your current BT account. Adding the basic BT TV package to your BT broadband will cost you an extra £5 per month, and you can find out more on our BT TV page.

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Add response