What does BT Business broadband offer?
BT Business broadband lets you choose from three broadband types: ADSL (non-fibre), superfast fibre, and ultrafast fibre. Within those categories, you can opt for a basic version or a version with certain desirable extras.
Note that unlike with getting BT Broadband for your home, you cannot bundle TV options such as BT Sport with BT Business broadband.
- ADSL, superfast and ultrafast broadband – BT Business offers a wider range of speeds and packages than most business broadband providers. However, the ultrafast packages (with speeds greater than 300Mbps) are only available in a few areas.
- Phone lines – BT Business has one of the most comprehensive and flexible landline offerings of any business broadband provider. The options include a standard or digital phone line, as well as dozens of bolt-on extras.
- Business Mobile SIMs and phones – BT Mobile can supply your business with whatever it needs in the way of mobile communications, from SIMs to tablets. However, this cannot be bundled in with your business broadband deal, and there are no discounts for taking out business mobile deals at the same time as signing up for BT Business broadband.
- Leased lines and bespoke solutions – If you have a large business or corporation, BT Business offers bespoke leased line solutions that offer ultrafast speeds to firms with dozens or hundreds of employees. However, as you might expect, this is much more expensive.
BT Business landline packages and extras
Depending on which package you choose, you’ll get either a traditional, analogue phone line or a digital VoIP line for your business. Beyond that, there are a number of add-on options to consider.
- Four service levels for your line – In ascending order of price, they are: Value Line (where fault repairs take place within two working days), Standard Line (repairs done by the end of the next working day), Value Line with Critical Care (repairs within six hours), or Standard Line with Critical Care (repairs within six hours).
- Free calling features – For nothing, you can add 1571 (a free answering service), 1471 (obtaining the last caller’s number) and Caller Display (so you can see who is calling you).
- Bolt-on features at additional cost – Call Diversion, Call Barring, Call Sign (distinctive ringtones for specific callers), 3 Way Calling, Reminder Call, Call Waiting and Ring Back When Free can all be added at additional cost, and you can get a discount by bundling several of these together.
Why choose BT Business broadband?
BT is perhaps the UK’s best-known brand when it comes to home telecoms supply, and BT Business broadband offers various extras depending on what you need and how much you are willing to spend.
- Traditional or digital phone line – A digital phone line lets you take advantage of VoIP, which offers clearer sound and some features that are difficult or impossible to implement on a traditional analogue phone line. You can opt for a digital phone line only on top-end packages.
- Static IP address(es) – You’ll get one free static IP address on all of the Enhanced BT Business broadband packages. Having a static IP address, as opposed to a dynamic IP address, means you can run a company server. You can also add additional static IP addresses to your package should you need them.
- 4G Assure – This comes with all Enhanced BT Business broadband packages. With 4G assure, your broadband connection will automatically switch to 4G mobile broadband when there is a fault, ensuring that you stay connected no matter what.
- Symantec device protection – Covers your PCs, laptops, Macs and mobiles, and ensures they are protected from cyber attacks.
- Enhanced IT support – Included on all Enhanced BT Business broadband deals, enhanced IT support provides a 24/7 UK-based support team.
- Keep the same number for life – With any package that includes a digital phone line (Cloud Voice Express), you can keep using your business number for life. It can never be taken away or changed.
- Call filtering – Blocks calls from numbers appearing on BT’s blacklist, which BT updates regularly.
- Option where available Ultrafast – Although it is limited to certain areas of the UK, BT Business offers two ultrafast options, with speeds of up to 152Mbps and 314Mbps, respectively. However, the 152Mbps package does not meet the official criteria of ultrafast (300Mbps or greater), so technically it should be classed as superfast.
Frequently asked questions
Can you get BT Sport on BT Business Broadband?
No. You cannot bolt on any form of BT TV package with your BT Business broadband deal.
How much is BT Business broadband a month?
Depends what you need. Prices vary widely, with the most basic packages costing £20-30 per month, while faster, more capable options with any number of trimmings are going to cost your business significantly more.
Is BT Business good for broadband?
Yes. BT Business, along with Virgin Media Business and XLN offer the most comprehensive and flexible business broadband packages aimed at small businesses. Operating on the Openreach network, you can even get ultrafast speeds if your business premises is lucky enough to be located somewhere it's available. You can read our full BT Business broadband review here.
Who owns BT Business?
BT Group does. It's really that simple.
What's the difference between home and business broadband?
The most notable differences can usually be found in the extras you’ll get in a business broadband package. Static IPs are usually available if not standard with a business package, and you can usually expect some sort of upgraded technical support beyond that offered with a package you would buy for your home.