Our service to you
Our experts will help to save you money by arming you with the most up to date and impartial information on UK providers and their services. We keep a very close eye on the UK’s leading providers of TV, broadband, home phone and mobile, empowering us to deliver you the most accurate guides, news, reviews and comparisons in the UK.
Our service is free; there are no hidden costs and no nasty surprises. Furthermore, our listings include all charges, including line rental, so you can be sure the prices you see are the prices you pay.
How do we make our money?
If you decide to purchase something based on the advice we make available – if you ‘click through’ to a package you want from a page on our site – sometimes, though not all the time, the provider will pay us a small commission for sending you their way. This costs you nothing. The price you pay will always be equal to, or less than, the price you will pay by going direct to the provider.
Our advice is neither swayed nor tainted by commissions. Often we make nothing for pointing you in the right direction, because unlike many comparison sites we neither hide nor exclude deals that will make us no commission. We’re A-okay with that, because we have your interests at heart. We’re just happy to have supplied you with the information you need in order to choose the right deal for you.
Providers featured in our comparison tables
At Cable.co.uk, we strive to offer our customers the best choice of provider. Below – listed alphabetically – is every broadband, TV and mobile (SIM only) provider we feature in our comparison tables. While it may not include every provider in the country, the list represents those that we feel offer the best value, quality and customer service to their customers.
As comparison table results are determined by your location and which products you are looking for, you may find that not all providers are available to you.
- Asda Mobile
- Direct Save Telecom
- iD Mobile
- John Lewis
- Origin Broadband
- Post Office
- Tesco Mobile
- Virgin Media
- Virgin Mobile
Assumptions and limitations
On our Assumptions and Limitations page you can find further details of how the Cable.co.uk website works, along with a more in-depth explanation relating to the packages and prices that you will find listed on our site.
This page also includes information relating to legacy tariffs, line rental charges, VAT, additional charges, discounts for existing customers and what you can do if you can’t find the package you're looking for on Cable.co.uk.
Code of ethics
Cable.co.uk is committed to providing factual, relevant and unbiased information at every level of the site, be it news, reviews, guides or other. Wherever you find the written word referring to a provider, package or product, you can read safe in the knowledge that it has been created in an environment in which creative and commercial sides of the business operate with immaculate and irreproachable integrity.
Existent Ltd – parent to the Cable.co.uk brand – believes in the highest possible code of ethics, adhering to strict editorial, journalistic and creative guidelines that ensure accuracy, objectivity, fairness and transparency.
- The commercial and editorial departments of Cable.co.uk are completely separate
- Cable.co.uk produces guides, reviews and news articles accurately, impartially, and singularly in the interests of our readers
- Cable.co.uk is neither swayed nor tainted by commissions. Unlike some of our current competitors we neither hide nor exclude deals that result in us making no commission.
- Cable.co.uk does not, nor will it ever, allow advertising of any kind to appear on the site. One cannot be impartial while taking revenues from advertisers
- In the interests of fairness and balance, Cable.co.uk will always offer people, companies and organisations about whom our news is written the right to reply prior to publication
- Cable.co.uk is not a mouthpiece for providers
- Cable.co.uk’s news department generates primarily original news ideated, gathered and published by its dedicated, independent news team
- Cable.co.uk strives to answer all visitor queries posted on its articles and, in specific instances where consumer hardships are suffered, will occasionally offer to take on a visitor’s issue with their service provider and resolve it on their behalf
- Cable.co.uk works selectively with partners who share our aim to inform, guide and assist consumers to make good choices. It is transparent about who its partners are and on what basis the partnership is founded
- Cable.co.uk takes all complaints seriously. If you feel we have fallen short in any area of the service we offer, we guarantee that your complaint will not be ignored
- Content creators at Cable.co.uk, be that news, guides, reviews or other, do not accept free goods or gratuities from providers or partner organisations. This includes, but is not limited to: hospitality of any kind including food or drink, travel expenses, hotel stays, free products, free services or commercial favours
- Cable.co.uk will never alter its news to placate a company or organisation that considers itself represented unfavourably unless the complaint has its basis in a factually incorrect statement, or is in some other way a breach of journalistic ethics
Who are we?
Dan Howdle – Editor-in-chief
Lydia Stockdale – PR Manager
Claire Nottage – Sub-Editor
Phil Wilkinson-Jones – Telecoms Journalist
Jaskiran Jutla – Writer
Cable.co.uk is operated and owned by Existent Ltd, a private and independent online media company. Existent Ltd is registered in England and Wales with Company No 06067127 and VAT Registration 902504171.
53 Wade Street
Lichfield WS13 6HL
Tel: +44 (0)1543 416 762