Cable.co.uk only retains personal information which relates to subscriptions to email notifications and/or newsletters. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our subscribers; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
When you visit and use this website we may collect, temporarily store and use the following kinds of data:
- anonymised information about visits to and use of this website (including browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- anonymised information relating to any transactions carried out between visitors and us on or in relation to this website, including anonymous information relating to any purchases subsequently made;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your email address);
- helping you obtain vouchers for deals that you have bought through our web-site;
- any other information that you choose to send to us;
Our legal basis for handling your personal information is therefore for the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring you receive from us the services you have asked us to provide.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and other uses. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; and other uses.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our advertisers/payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Using your personal data
We will only use your personal information to:
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- help you get offer vouchers from third parties that you have bought through our web-site, although we do not store any of your personal information.
53 Wade Street
Lichfield WS13 6HL
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
We currently do not transfer your personal data outside the EEA. If in the future we transfer your personal data, in accordance with the terms of this Policy outside of the EEA, we will make sure that the party receiving the data agrees to provide the same or similar protection that we do and that the information they receive is used only in accordance with our instructions.
We would like to send you information about services and products of ours [and other companies in our group] which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other members of our group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email email@example.com.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
The GDPR grants you the right to access particular personal data that we hold about you.
You therefore have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address: Existent Ltd, 53 Wade Street, Lichfield, WS13 6HL..
We shall respond promptly to any such request and in any event, within one month from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. In certain (very limited) circumstances, we may make a small charge for this service. Our formal response will include details of the Personal Data we hold about you, including the following:
- Sources from which we acquired the information;
- The purposes for Processing; and
- The persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information.
You also have the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to ask us to transmit it to another controller if technically possible.
We want to make sure that your Personal Data is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove without delay any information about you that you think is inaccurate by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the above address.
You have the right to seek a restriction of the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Further, you have the right to lodge an objection if you feel that one of the grounds relating to your particular situation apply. When you exercise your right to object, we must stop any processing unless we can show compelling legitimate grounds for the Processing, which override your interest, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Should you wish for us to completely delete all information that we hold about you, you should please contact email@example.com.
We will keep your personal information only for as long as we need.
If you feel that your personal data has been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR, you have a specific right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The supervisory authority will then inform you of the progress and outcome of your complaint. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.