About XLN business broadband
In this guide
- Who is XLN?
- What does XLN business broadband offer?
- Why choose XLN?
- Pros and cons
- Frequently asked questions
What is XLN business broadband?
XLN, sometimes called XLN Telecom, was founded in 2002. It pitches itself as a provider of utilities and services exclusively to small businesses. As well as providing business broadband, XLN offers mobile SIMs, energy, water and payment systems, potentially saving customers money by bundling various services together.
Since its founding, XLN business broadband has earned itself a strong reputation thanks to a lot of happy customers who are only too ready and willing to rave about the company. Take a look at our XLN business broadband review for more information.
What does XLN business broadband offer?
XLN is unlike any other business broadband provider. It offers a one-stop solution for small businesses by providing utilities such as energy and water in addition to the more usual broadband and phone services. For more on what to look for in a business broadband provider, have a look at this guide.
- Broadband for small businesses – XLN offers ADSL broadband of up to 17Mbps and fibre broadband of up to 76Mbps. With that you'll get – at the time of writing – a free internet security package and customer service calls answered in six seconds. You'll also have the option to support free public or guest Wi-Fi.
- Phone lines – You choose between a phone line by itself, a phone line with unlimited UK calls or the option to bundle a phone line with broadband.
- Energy – XLN offers both business electricity and business gas.
- Mobile SIMs – Mobile SIMs with various amounts of mobile data can be added on 30-day rollover contracts, meaning you can alter your plan or unsubscribe at any time with 30 days’ notice. All XLN SIMs offer unlimited calls and unlimited texts.
- Payment systems – XLN offers card payment systems to small, independent retailers and tradespeople, with next-day payments on all transactions and the ability to accept contactless payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
- Water – With the deregulation of the water industry, smaller players like XLN have stepped in to offer this service.
Why choose XLN business broadband?
As well as offering great value for money and a stellar customer service reputation, XLN provides some real innovation, such as free public Wi-Fi via the routers it supplies to businesses.
- Exclusively for small businesses – With nothing to focus on but small businesses, XLN is geared entirely towards their needs. By contrast, many other business and residential broadband providers tend to adopt a more one-size-fits-all approach.
- Competitively priced – XLN offers not just some of the cheapest business broadband in the UK, but also some of the cheapest broadband full stop. You’ll need to tie yourself in for 24 months to get the lowest prices, but you won’t find better a cost/service ratio anywhere else.
- Award-winning customer service – XLN has a 4.5/5 rating for customer service on Trustpilot, much higher than its competitors.
- Also offers energy, water, mobile and payments – For maximum benefit, you may want to consider bringing your energy, business mobile SIMs and even payment systems (if you use them) under the XLN roof.
Pros & cons of XLN business broadband
- Unique one-stop solution for small businesses, with energy, mobile SIMs, water and payment systems all provided
- Some of the cheapest business broadband rates around
- Excellent customer service
- Tailored towards small businesses, so may not be suited for larger companies
- Long 24-month contracts
- Relatively limited options for mobile communications
Frequently asked questions
How much is XLN business broadband a month?
It changes over time. Generally speaking, XLN is not only one of the cheapest small business broadband providers out there, it also offers some of the best customer service. To how much you’ll pay today, simply check out our comparison. Prices are updated daily.
Is XLN good for broadband?
Who owns XLN?
XLN is a private limited company with no parent company or corporation. In effect then, XLN owns XLN.
What’s the difference between home and business broadband?
With small businesses, not much. Differences can often boil down to superior customer support, a static IP, faster upload speeds and so on. With big business, though, the differences can be significant – ultrafast speeds via a leased line, for example, or engineers dedicated to your account.