About TalkTalk business broadband
In this guide
- Who is TalkTalk?
- What does TalkTalk business broadband offer?
- Why choose TalkTalk?
- Pros and cons
- Frequently asked questions
What is TalkTalk Business broadband?
TalkTalk Business is the business broadband provider arm of TalkTalk, which provides residential broadband deals to a large chunk of the UK market. TalkTalk was previously a subsidiary of Carphone Warehouse, but it became a standalone company in 2010. In 2021, it returned to private hands by getting acquired by two British investment firms.
What does TalkTalk Business broadband offer?
TalkTalk Business provides standard landline and broadband services, but it can also offer a private network (MPLS IPVPN) connecting multiple geographically-diverse business sites, as well as end-to-end fibre through Ethernet Access Direct. Take a look at our guide to find out more about what to look for in a business broadband provider. Note that unlike TalkTalk’s residential broadband packages, you are unable to bundle TV services with TalkTalk Business broadband.
- Broadband for all businesses – TalkTalk Business offers nine speeds: 18Mbps ADSL, 76Mbps Superfast fibre, or Ultrafast Fibre of 80Mbps, 100Mbps, 150Mbps, 200Mbps, 300Mbps, 500Mbps, and 900Mbps. The ADSL deal will just about cope if you’re a sole trader or run a small home office; anything more will require a faster fibre package. If you have more than 10 employees, the Ultrafast Fibre packages are ideal
- Phone lines – On the TalkTalk Simply Business packages, you’ll get a phone line with pay-as-you-go calls. With the Complete Business packages, you’ll get a anytime UK calls to landlines and mobiles
- Leased lines and bespoke solutions – TalkTalk Business offers dedicated internet services via a leased line. The speeds available on leased line solutions are much faster than those on traditional packages (up to 10Gbps), but they are very expensive
Why choose TalkTalk Business broadband?
TalkTalk Business offers an array of business packages, with speeds ranging from a modest 18Mbps to 900Mbps, as well as leased lines offering download speeds of up to 10Gbps to support huge businesses. It also offers a solid support system for customers to ensure they are kept online.
- Static IP addresses – IP addresses are used to determine the location of something on the internet. Most broadband packages offer a dynamic IP address, which means it changes the IP address periodically. Businesses will often require a static IP address – an address that never changes – if they plan to run their own company servers. TalkTalk Business provides either type of IP address for free.
- Worksafe network security – Both TalkTalk Business packages offer Worksafe security for free. Worksafe is a network-level security solution, meaning once you turn it on, all devices using your internet connections will automatically be filtered. This gives your business instant protection from malicious sites and internet misuse.
- UK contact centre – TalkTalk’s technical support is open 365 days a year through phone or the official online community.
- Choice of speeds – Both Simply Business Broadband and Complete Business Broadband offer speeds up to 18Mbps (with an average of around 10-11Mbps), with upload speeds of around 1Mbps. On the other hand, the Simply Superfast Fibre and Complete Superfast Fibre packages offer speeds up to 76Mbps and the Business Ultrafast Fibre offers speeds up to 900Mbps, making them suitable for bigger businesses.
- Business phone lines – Both packages come with a business phone line. Simply Business Broadband offers pay-as-you-go calls, meaning you pay for what you use. Complete Business Broadband and Phone on the other hand offers free, unlimited UK landline and mobile calls as well as free Multi Calling, Caller Forwarding, Reminder Calls, Caller Waiting, Caller Display and Number withhold. Customers choosing ultrafast or full fibre broadband can choose between a standard phone line alongside the fibre connection or a VoIP system.
Pros & cons of TalkTalk Business broadband
- Free calls to UK mobiles on the Complete packages
- Offers some of the cheapest business broadband deals on the market
- UK-based tech support
- Static IP address included in package
- Currently limited availability of ultrafast packages
- Technical support is not 24/7, except for leased line solutions
Frequently asked questions
How much is TalkTalk Business broadband a month?
TalkTalk Business offers various packages that cost between £18 and £44 monthly. Simply Business Broadband is the least expensive package and the Ultrafast fibre package of 900Mbps is the most expensive. Note that the listed prices do not include VAT.
Is TalkTalk Business good for broadband?
To be absolutely frank, TalkTalk Business does little to stand out in the way some other business providers do. You’ll get faster broadband and a better router with Virgin Media Business, or the option to add on all sorts of other business services with the likes of XLN. However, it’s pretty cheap.
Who owns TalkTalk Business?
TalkTalk Business is a subsidiary of the TalkTalk Telecom Group. The company was listed on the London Stock Exchange for many years until it was acquired in 2021 by two investment firms, Toscafund Asset Management and Penta Capital.