Compare broadband deals with free gifts
In this guide
- Best broadband deals with free gifts in September 2020
- Broadband with free gifts
- Broadband providers offering free gifts
- How to claim your free gift
- The pitfalls of broadband with a free gift
- Frequently asked questions
Broadband providers want you as a customer - so look out for the freebies they throw in to sweeten the deal. From cashback to free gifts, we explain everything you can find when you sign up.
Best broadband with free gifts in September 2020
Plusnet Unlimited Broadband
£60 Reward Card£18.99 p/m£18.99 one-off cost Get Deal
- 10Mb average speed
- Unlimited usage
- PAYG calls
BT Fibre 2
£120 Reward Card£31.99 p/m£9.99 one-off cost Get Deal
- 67Mb average speed
- Unlimited usage
- PAYG calls
TalkTalk Faster Fibre Broadband
£23.50 p/mZero one-off cost Get Deal
- 38Mb average speed
- Unlimited usage
- PAYG calls
Broadband with free gifts
When you're looking for a new broadband contract, make sure you get the best possible deal. Many providers offer gifts, cashback, vouchers, and other freebies to welcome you aboard. Here are some of the most common you'll find:
- Broadband deals with cashback: Cashback is often offered with a new broadband contract — you get a prepaid reward card that you can use anywhere in exchange for signing up. It’s that simple.
- Broadband deals with free gifts: These deals have been known to include laptops, games consoles, TVs, Bluetooth speakers, headphones, and tablets. You'll most commonly find them over the Black Friday weekend, so keep that in mind if you're shopping for broadband in November.
- Broadband deals with vouchers and gift cards: Most providers offering freebie will give customers a gift card or reward card. The amount varies from provider to provider but you can expect anything from £40 on up.
Remember, before getting too excited about broadband with a welcome gift, you'll need to make sure it's available in your area. Use our postcode checker to see what's on offer for you, and browse the current selection of broadband deals.
Broadband providers offering free gifts
Naturally, deals vary all the time. However, some broadband providers tend to offer a particular type of gift. You shouldn't make a decision about which contract to choose based solely on freebies, but here's what you can generally expect to find:
- Virgin Media: Virgin will sometimes have gadgets available or they’ll offer free set-up. The provider also often includes bill credit as an alternative to the cashback some of its rivals offer.
- BT: The BT Reward Card is the main draw here — the card is pre-loaded with money and can be used anywhere Mastercard® is accepted.
- John Lewis Broadband: As well as offering cashback, John Lewis Broadband often has gift cards that you can spend in John Lewis stores or on the company's website.
- Vodafone: They’re currently offering a free Apple TV and subscription for a year.
- NOW Broadband: NOW Broadband has some tempting offers for landline users – they regularly include free anytime calls
- Plusnet: You'll usually find straightforward cashback with a Plusnet contract.
How to claim your free gift
Most providers make it quite easy for you to get your free gift. In fact, in many cases, your free gift or cashback will be sent to you automatically. Always check, though, as sometimes you'll have to send in a form to claim it yourself. There's often a window during which your gift is available, commonly 1 to 3 months.
BT is a bit different. You’ll receive an email with all the relevant information to log onto their claims website and enter your details to get your reward card.
The pitfalls of broadband with a free gift
It's important to remember that deals change all the time. You can expect deals to appear and disappear as often as every week, so if you see one that you really like, don't hang about or you could miss out.
Having said that, always be smart. Free cash can seem awfully tempting but be sure to read the fine print before signing up for anything. You should always check how much you’ll pay for the length of your contract and see if the gift is worth it. You may find you’ll pay much less in the long run with a deal that doesn’t come with a freebie.
Look out for any price guarantees. Often, contracts will stipulate a certain number of months at a set price; after that, costs could rise. Finally, make sure you know how long the contract lasts, and what fees will apply if you leave early.
The easiest way to check all this essential information is by using our comparison tool. Never sign any contract without being totally sure about how much you'll have to pay. Sometimes the free gift may not be worth it!
Frequently asked questions
Which broadband providers offer free gifts and vouchers?
It depends on the time of year, and which deals are currently running. In general, though, you will almost always find freebies available from BT, Plusnet, Virgin Media, and TalkTalk. Other providers have special offers available from time to time, but these are the most consistent.
How can I find broadband packages with free gifts?
Use our comparison tool. We'll always list any free gift underneath the logo of the broadband provider, as well as detailing all the information about cashback, savings, and other useful bits and pieces.
What kind of free gifts can I get with my broadband?
The most common free gifts are vouchers for use in high street shops or online, and cashback. Gadgets and electronics are available from time to time, too, but these don't tend to appear as frequently.
Will I get a free router with my broadband?
Your provider will almost always send you a router to use your home broadband. However, you may have to return it (along with any other electronics, like a set box if you have a TV and broadband deal) at the end of your contract.
Is a free gift better than cheaper broadband?
It's really impossible to say because it depends entirely on you and your needs. One thing that is important to remember is that a free gift may be enticing, but it's not the be-all and end-all. Your gift may only last for a short time, but you'll be signing a contract for at least a year. Make sure that you're choosing a broadband deal that gives you everything you need, read the fine print carefully, and don't be blinded by freebies or cashback when making your choice.