iD Mobile help, issues and complaints
By Tim Smith | Wednesday, January 27th 2021
ID Mobile, a subsidiary of Dixons Carphone which also owns Currys/PC World, uses the Three network. So, it's well supported. But what happens if things go wrong with your iD Mobile package?
In this guide you’ll find out how you can deal with some of the most common problems you might have with iD Mobile from bill paying to poor signals. You'll be well placed with all the information you need to get solutions quickly.
Payment and billing issues
If you’ve missed paying your latest iD Mobile bill, or that you think you will have a problem with your next payment, both the iD Mobile app and your account pages on the website are well set up to help. The same can be said in the events that you’ve been overcharged. Here are a few ways that you can sort your financial issues out.
If you have missed a payment or are struggling to pay your bill
In the event that you have problems paying your bill, iD Mobile has a specialist 'Collections Team' who you can contact over the phone using this number: 020 3481 1642 from 8am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday at standard call rates.
If you can't get through, and you think you are going to miss one or more payments, you should use your iD Mobile app or the chat function on your account pages on the website as soon as possible to inform the company.
Getting in contact quickly could enable you to negotiate a payment plan. iD Mobile can also offer to change your monthly payment date to help you manage your bill payments. It will also offer to show you how to remove additional add-ons that aren't standard to your monthly contract.
Not getting in touch could mean that your service is restricted or even disconnected. iD Mobile can then charge an additional termination fee before passing your debt to a collection agency, which will affect your credit rating going forward.
Check your Direct Debit
Before you panic about a late payment it's a good idea to check that your Direct Debit payment – if you're paying monthly this way – is working as it should. DDs can very occasionally fail if you've changed bank or building society. The best way to see if your payment has gone through as expected is to check your account using the iD Mobile app or your account pages on the iD Mobile website.
What if you've been overcharged?
Payment problems with iD Mobile aren't all about you not being able to pay. If you keep an eye on your bill payments using your own bank statements and the iD Mobile app or your account pages on the website, you'll know immediately if you've been overcharged, for example for an add-on you didn't order or no longer use. In this event call the iD Mobile Collections Team on 020 3481 1642 from 8am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday at standard call rates.
Problems with your signal
If you're having problems with getting a solid signal with your iD Mobile phone or SIM, there are a number of solutions you can try before heading to the help pages or iD Mobile community.
- Status check – Your phone signal might not be yours alone. Head to the iD Mobile Help & Support menu on the website, then go to 'Network coverage' from the 'Popular topics' area. Once there just type in your postcode. This will then tell you if the problem is more widespread than your phone or SIM
- Turn it on and off – It may sound like a cliche but turning your phone off, waiting for a minute and then turning it back on again can often help with an inconsistent signal
- Move around – Even the age of 4G and 5G, mobile phone signals can be interrupted by obstacles ranging from your own front door to the trees near you. Simply moving away from any large obstacles can result in a better signal
Problems with data and texts
One of the main features of the iD Mobile pay monthly deals is your ability to roll your data over from month to month. However, this isn't much good if you can't use that data or send any of your unlimited texts. Here are a few things to look out for with data and texts.
- Make sure your bill is paid – If you can't send or don't receive texts it might not be a technical issue at all. Either use the iD Mobile app, the automated phone service or your account page on the website to make sure you're paid up. If not, you can make additional payments the app or by calling 020 3481 1642 from 8am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday at standard call rates
- Make sure you've not used all your data – You will be warned if your data allowance is going to run out. However, before this happens you can also check using the iD Mobile app or that automated phone service
- Check the network status – Data and texts are also affected by poor network conditions. You can find out if your area is affected on the iD Mobile Help & Support menu on the website. Head there then choose 'Network Coverage' from 'Popular topics' and once there, type in your postcode. This will then tell you if the problem is more widespread than your phone or SIM
Getting Help with iD Mobile
iD Mobile prides itself that its help and support is '100% online'. This means that no customer service numbers are published. There are, however, a number of ways of getting help either using the iD Mobile app or the website.
Online help pages
ID Mobile's website has plenty of help and support pages for common problems. There is a good search function that enables you to narrow down your search for answers as well. The iD Mobile app gives you access to the company's FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and answers while you're on the move.
Rather than call centres or online chat with a human, iD Mobile keeps all its help and support in text form online. One of the most immediate ways of getting help is via the Community pages on the iD Mobile website. You'll find helpful users who have experienced the same problems as you and are willing to help out. You can also occasionally find experts in the community.
If you need help with a basic problem such as activating a new SIM then you can make use of iD Mobile's online chat. You need to be aware though that this is an automated service (a 'bot') and not an actual human being. Therefore it's simply going to redirect you to the available online help services.
Automated phone service
This is less about help, and more about getting information or reporting a loss. If you want to get help with lost or stolen SIMs or your phone, or if you want to make a payment or check your account, you can call 0333 003 7777 (charges may apply) and use the iD Mobile automated phone service.
Financial help and support
In the event that you're having financial problems, however, the iD Mobile Collections Team does have a direct line. You need to call: 020 3481 1642 from 8am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday at standard call rates.
iD Mobile's social media presence on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are largely used for advertising the company. If you have any specific problems you will be referred to the online help, support and community pages.
Frequently asked questions
Can I call iD Mobile?
No you can't call iD Mobile for general help and support. It prides itself on having all its help and support '100% online'. This means that you will either have to use the mobile app or your account pages on the website.
Does iD Mobile use its own network?
iD Mobile actually uses the Three network for its mobile phone services. However, this doesn't mean that you can contact Three if you have any problems. You still need to contact iD Mobile using the app or your account pages on the website.
What happens if my iD Mobile phone or SIM is lost or stolen?
In the event that your phone or SIM is lost or stolen you can phone the iD Mobile automated service on 0333 003 7777 (charges may apply) and report the loss to get the SIM cancelled and replaced.
Does iD Mobile offer 5G?
iD Mobile, which uses the Three network, does not offer any 5G services. It does provide both 3G and 4G coverage however.
How do I check iD Mobile's service status in my area?
You need to is load up the iD Mobile website, then head to the Help & Support menu and choose 'Network Coverage' from the 'Popular topics' area. Then type in your postcode.